Thursday, September 13, 2012

Media Release





















A media release is a written or a recorded message for members of a news media for the purpose of announcing something. Press release is the same thing and same meaning as media release. Basically, they are mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations, or television networks.

For example, I would go somewhere with the most interesting or important story. Then, I'd go turn in the story to a news paper company, like the San Francisco Chronicle. It's very simple, all you have to do is get information, but make sure you have the right facts, then turn it to a new paper company or a televised network. 


It's important because getting to know a story and reporting it is important. Without reporters, televised news networks would not have a story to report. I will apply this knowledge, the knowledge that I've learned, to my knowledge so that I can become a better journalist or be good writer.

Journalistic Writing: Building the Skills, Honing the Craft, by: Robert M. Knight, pg 33, 167, 229-243

No comments:

Post a Comment