Thursday, August 30, 2012

Journalistic Integrity

Journalism integrity is like monitoring yourself and your actions of what you say about other people or various subjects. Journalism integrity helps you determine right from wrong.  Journalism starts with ethics which professional journalists use or follow a code called "code of ethics" or the " canons of journalism." While various codes have some differences, most share common principles of accuracy, truthfulness, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability. 

Journalism without integrity is like not being accurate or truthful about a specific topic or person. if you don't have integrity, it means the information is unreliable. If you are not accurate or truthful about what you say, people will not be able to trust you. So, you should always have integrity and tell the truth and always have accurate facts.



From what I know and what I've learned, I know that professional journalists have journalism integrity or ethics and they always tell the truth or find accurate facts about a specific topic or person. This concept is really important because it's like the first step into being a professional journalist. I will apply my knowledge and the concept of journalism integrity to my future work by always finding the accurate facts and confirm my information before I post something about a specific topic or person.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/735/03/
James Glenn Stovall, Journalism Who, What, When, Where, Why and How, pg 463

1 comment:

  1. Micah did a good job supporting all his topics. I liked how he explained each sentence. I think if someone read this, they would learn to understand the importance of being a journalist and showing integrity.

    ReplyDelete